Hills Prescription Diet s/d Urinary Care Cat Food Dry with Chicken
Key benefits of Hills Prescription Diet S/D Urinary Care Feline with Chicken Dry Food:
- Reduced magnesium, phosphorus and protein to reduce the urinary concentration of the building blocks of struvite crystals and bladder stones.
- Increased sodium to encourage drinking to increase urine volume to help dilute the concentration of struvite building blocks.
- Encourages formation of an acidic urinary pH to increase the solubility of struvite.
Recommended for dissolution of struvite uroliths.
Not recommended for:
- Cats concurrently receiving urinary acidifiers.
- Feeding long-term without monitoring acid-base status (because of urinary acidifying properties).
- Cats with non-struvite uroliths, kidney disease, hypokalaemia, metabolic acidosis, heart failure or hypertension.
- Pregnant or lactating queens.
Lifestage: Adult and Mature Adult Cats.