This specially formulated product contains easily digestible proteins derived from high quality egg and poultry sources to enhance nutrient absorption and optimize energy levels.
Many ferrets with gastrointestinal problems are reluctant to eat unless offered a highly palatable food. Hand-feeding is recommended to aid in recovery and help prevent dehydration in cases of diarrhoea.
Originally designed for ferrets, Oxbow Carnivore Care may be used as a supplemental feed for other carnivorous animals.
- As a general guideline, mix 2 parts Carnivore Care to 1 part water. The volume of water may be adjusted to achieve desired consistency.
- Divide into several feedings.
- Water should be available to the animal at all times.
- Assist Feeding- Syringe - Prepare a thin paste in a mixing bowl and either draw the mixture through the top of the syringe or scoop the paste into the back of a syringe in which the plunger has been removed. Replace the plunger and slowly administer small amounts until the recommended dose is fed.
- Spoon -Mix a thick paste and offer it to the pet from a spoon. It may still be necessary to wrap the pet in a soft towel with this feeding method.
- Self Feeding - Bowl - As the animal recovers, it may not be necessary to continue assist-feeding. Mix a thick paste and place it in the pet's favourite feeding bowl, enabling the pet to feed itself. Be sure to clean the bowl between feeding.
- Top dressing - When the pet is ready to try eating its normal diet, mix in wet or dry Carnivore Care as a top dressing to improve food flavour and stimulate the pet's appetite.
Oxbow Carnivore Care Sachet is a premium recovery food which can be given to carnivores that are unwilling to eat their normal diet due to illness, surgery or poor nutritional status.
Estimated delivery by :
*Based on UK Mainland Delivery. For more information, view our Delivery & Returns page