Ridaworm Plus Tablets for Dogs - 2 Tablets
Do not use simultaneously with other deworming products without veterinary advice. Do not use in animals with a known sensitivity to the active ingredients or to any of the excipients.
Ridaworm Plus Tablets for Dogs are for the treatment of mixed infections with the following gastrointestinal tapeworms and roundworms in dogs and puppies:
- Roundworms (nematodes)
- Ascarids: Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina (adult and late immature forms).
- Hookworms: Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum (adults).
- Whipworms: Trichuris vulpis (adults).
- Tapeworms (cestodes): Echinococcus species, (E. granulosus, E. multilocularis), Taenia species (T. hydatigena, T. pisiformis, T. taeniformis), Dipylidium caninum (adult and immature forms).
Single dose: For oral administration only. To ensure administration of a correct dose, body weight should be determined as accurately as possible.
The recommended dose rates are 1 tablet per 10kg (22 lbs) bodyweight. It is important to follow the treatment recommendations as presented here. Do not deviate from the recommendations without the advice of your veterinary surgeon.
The tablets can be given directly to the dog or disguised in food. No starvation is needed before or after treatment. Not for use in dogs weighing less than 3kg.
Puppies and Small Dogs:
- Puppies and small dogs weighing 3 - 5kg bodyweight: 1/2 tablet
- Puppies and small dogs weighing 5 - 10kg bodyweight: 1 tablet
- Medium dogs weighing 10 - 15kg: 1 1/2 tablets
- Medium dogs weighing 15 - 20kg: 2 tablets
- Medium dogs weighing 20 - 25kg: 2 1/2 tablets
- Medium dogs weighing 25 up to 30 kg bodyweight: 3 tablets
- Large dogs weighing 30 - 35kg: 3 1/2 tablets
- Large dogs weighing 35 - 40kg: 4 tablets
Puppies should be treated at 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter they should be treated at 3 month intervals.
It is advisable to treat the bitch at the same time as the puppies. For the control of Toxocara, nursing bitches should be dosed 2 weeks after giving birth and every two weeks until weaning.
For routine worm control adult dogs should be treated every 3 months. For routine treatment a single dose is recommended.
In case of suspected heavy roundworm infestation, please contact your veterinary surgeon for diagnosis and treatment recommendation.